Knowledgeable and Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorneys
When you have been charged with a crime, it can make you feel powerless. But no matter what the charge, you still have rights under the law. You deserve smart, tenacious criminal defense attorneys who know what they’re doing.
We Know Charleston’s Criminal System
As former local prosecutors, our lawyers know how governmental forces can make your life difficult. When you work with us, we will use our knowledge of the state and local legal systems to vigorously protect your rights under the law.
Attorneys Trip Riesen and Rutledge DuRant are former Charleston prosecutors. Now in private practice, Riesen and DuRant represent those accused of multiple crimes, which may include the following offenses:
- Illegal substances — drug possession, trafficking, distribution, manufacturing, and cultivation
- Assault and battery
- Criminal domestic violence and child abuse cases
- Theft and robbery, including financial identity fraud
- Drunk driving violations, including license suspensions and refusals to submit to BAC tests
- Felony crimes
- Weapons offenses — violations of eligibility requirements for ownership, ownership of illegal weapons, and violations of federal gun control laws
- Illegal Substances (Link to drug crimes page)
- Domestic Violence (Link to assault and criminal domestic violence page)
If you have been charged with a crime, be sure to hire a criminal defense attorney who knows the community and the South Carolina legal system from inside-out. Trip Riesen and Rutledge DuRant are ready to use their knowledge of the Charleston courts to fight on your behalf.
Get A Free Consultation Today
Let us know how we can help. Call us at our Mount Pleasant office: 843-800-2473. Or, email us via our online contact form and we will be in touch to set up a time to meet. We look forward to hearing from you.